Friday, July 15, 2011

Songs and memories

Last year I visited my family in Greece. It was hot it was the end of July and we had a great time reconnecting and enjoying the time spent together. When we were traveling in my brother's in law car in the small streets of Aegina we would listen to this song and my brother in law would start singing along


On the radio ,in the car we would listen to the German song that came 1st on  Eurovision 2010

My sister's ring tone on her cellphone was this Lady Gaga's tune

In my sweet niece's room we would try to imitate Shakira's moves listening to this song. Soccer and Greece go along ...


and finally we would listen to this Greek song that was last summer's hit

"To kalokairi mou" means  "My summer" in Greek. All these songs made my summer vacation a musical memory that makes me happy and nostalgic all at the same time. Happy because it was a beautiful vacation with all my family there and nostalgic because now every time I listen to these songs, I feel the summer heat
on my skin, I smell the sea and the suntan lotion, I swim in the blue waters of my homeland with my sister at my side, I smell the jasmine in their garden, I taste all the good food that we shared, I remember all our discussions and I can taste the coffee we had on their veranda, I can feel the happy hugs of welcome and the sad good byes and I hope that we will be able to repeat all these great moments soon and listen to new songs and form new memories !!!

1 comment:

  1. Great songs! :-) I love catchy little tunes that get stuck in my head. For me, songs are such great reminders of places, people, and events in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...